Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:52:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Responsible Use of the Network Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : DON'T SPEW
                          A Set of Guidelines for
                          Mass Unsolicited Mailings and Postings (spam*)
        Author(s)       : S. Hambridge, A. Lunde
        Filename        : draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 24-Nov-98

   This document explains why mass unsolicited electronic mail messages
   are harmful in the Internetworking community.  It gives a set of
   guidelines for dealing with unsolicited mail for users, for system
   administrators, news administrators, and mailing list managers.  It
   also makes suggestions Internet Service Providers might follow.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

        Africa: ftp.is.co.za

        Europe: ftp.nordu.net
                ftp.nic.it

        Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

        US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org

        US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:      [email-masked].  In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.