Subject: Re: draft-ietf-run-adverts-00.txt

From: Austin Bill-P23393 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 19:44:29 +0100

It is kind of US centric.  Maybe tone that down in the first paragraph as
shown below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 1999 11:07 AM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: draft-ietf-run-adverts-00.txt

Strawman section on Privacy.  Comments welcome.

  -- Barbara

Why Web Privacy?

Directories, lists, or other collection sources of  personal data are the
current informational 'gold rush' for  Internet market ers .   In the U
nited  States, there is no explicit guarantee of personal privacy.  Such a
right, under current legislation stands little chance against electronic
technologies. The American public has expressed concern regarding intrusion
into their personal privacy.  Still the collection and sale of such
information abounds.

Bill Austin
http://home.att.net/~wbaustin/ <http://home.att.net/~wbaustin/>
http://aztec.asu.edu/ <http://aztec.asu.edu/>
http://arizona.motorola.com/ <http://arizona.motorola.com/>