Subject: I'm having a naming problem...

From: "Gavin, Ted (COR-EX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:40:36 -0400

Dear Group;

Last week, we had some minor discussion regarding what the actual name of
this document should be. I think we all feel good about the 'How to
Advertise Responsibly Using the Internet" part, but there is some question
as to the usefulness of the "Make Enemies Fast" part.

So, I'm here looking for suggestions from any willing sources. The "How to "
is great, but we need something else...(or do we???).

I've made it "(Don't) MAKE ENEMIES FAST or ..." for the time-being, but I
don't think that works at all. Anyone who cares to see the draft can do so
at my little corner o' the web, at:

http://home.att.net/~tedgavin/draft-ietf-run-adverts-01.txt.

One final note:

Donald and Sally, I've amended the author's line as instructed, but I need
to know if you (plural) prefer "Hambridge, et al" or all names listed in the
page footers. Also, what are your (plural) feelings regarding a
contributor's listing? I was asked that question and should probably
respond.

Thanks.

Ted

---

From: Antelore Limited <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:12:41 +0100

Gavin,

"Make Enemies Fast" is a good title although I would have though that giving
it a broader title such as "Advertising On The Web" or "Advertising
Guide-lines"

What sort of impression are you trying to make with the word "Enemies"? this
would suit for individuals trying to make a couple of bucks but to get the
message to main-stream marketers "Direct E-Mail" needs something like the
titles above.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Regards,

Julian Bull