Subject: Wrap-Up Matters

From: "Gavin, Ted (COR-EX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:05:12 -0400

To all;

I've posted the most recent version of the draft to the website:

http://home.att.net/~tedgavin/draft-ietf-run-adverts-01.txt

Please review and return comments as soon as possible for consideration
and/or inclusion. I have tried to include all comments made thus far
regarding the addition or change of materiel. If I have omitted something,
it is very likely that it was an oversight; so if any of you feel something
should be added, now is the time to speak up!

We are waiting for Jonathan's synopsis of the French Parliamentary
conference which started on Monday, and will have some brief discussion
regarding what to include on that front.

We are still on-track for a submission for Draft-status-renewal next week.

Those of you who have formatted Drafts before - please review for format
errors. I will forward the text file to individuals upon request. I have
checked it out, and it appears to conform to the 58-line, 72-column format
with the operational control character between footer and header. Also, I
have included the most recent Introductory Statements, per the IETF Chair.

One last time...lurkers awake!

Also, Barbara....I need your organizational information for attribution
(USDOE, SNL???).

Thanks!

tg

---

From: JC Dill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:04:47 -0700

On 02:05 PM 10/6/99 -0400, Gavin, Ted (COR-EX) wrote:
 >and/or inclusion.

There was some discussion about changing the title, so that the title and
sub title don't disagree on the topic.  Currently we say:

                     $$$$$  MAKE ENEMIES FAST!  $$$$$
                                    or
              How to Advertise Responsibly Using the Internet

I propose we say:

              How to Advertise Responsibly Using the Internet
                                    or how NOT to
                     $$$$$  MAKE ENEMIES FAST!  $$$$$

jc

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:29:35 -0400

Minor changes in Appendix A:

>   But, presume that not just this participant, but everyone

[just a comment but it is odd that the text broke after "everyone".
I would have thought that at least "who" and possibly "who ever" would
have flowedup to the previous line...]

>   who ever participates decides to follow the "rules" and to avoid the
                                                       ^^^^^^
                                                       .    T

>   start up transient. Assume that it starts with one name on the list
                      ^^^
                      , a

>   and for the next three layers of people, one name gets added and
>   only after the list is up to four does any participant start dropping
>   the "top" name.

Thanks,
Donald

From:  "Gavin, Ted (COR-EX)" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:   <[email-masked]>
Date:          Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:05:12 -0400
Sender:  IETF-RUN <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked]