Subject: Re: [saad] About saad

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:36:36 +1000

At 08:35 AM 15/10/2003 -0700, Michel Py wrote:
>I think a mention in the "about saad" that would say it's specific to
>IPv6 would be appropriate (if it's not, there are many things that need
>to be revisited then).

To be honest I'm not sure that such an explicit constraint would be 
entirely helpful

The basic issue here is that of scoped addresses, where the address only
has referential significance within some form of defined realm, and loses
that significance outside of that realm, and the consideration of the utility
of such addresses within the environment and architecture of the Internet.
For me this area of consideration is somewhat orthogonal to the V4 / V6
considerations.

   regards,

     Geoff Huston

_______________________________________________
Saad mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saad