Subject: [sacm] Getting Our BOF Proposal Ready

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:25:26 -0400

I'm OK with setting aside the question of the WG name for
now. We can come back to it later.

On to the technical work. We have agreed to narrow our scope
to UC1 and UC3. Could we get revised versions of the Use Cases
draft and the proposed charter that reflect this? There were
also a bunch of other charter changes suggested. They seemed
to be unopposed. Let's get those in the updated charter also.

Our BOF proposal is due September 24 and our AD has asked us
to send it to him by September 10. By that time we need to have
a good draft charter with clear scope, achievable deliverables,
and demonstrable value. We also need to have BOF chairs and an
agenda for the meeting. Having Internet-Drafts that show and
explain what we're planning to do will also help.

We have a lot of work to do in the next week (by September 10).
To accomplish it, we really need to focus on the items listed
above. If we can get our act together in time, great. If not,
we're probably better off waiting for the next IETF meeting
in March 2013. Better to wait and have a good BOF than to rush
and have a mess.

Thanks,

Steve