Subject: [sacm] How to track items - suggestion

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:57:04 -0500

In response to Nancy's question on Friday.  I am going to suggest the
following protocol:

1.        Create a label for each version as it is released.  The text in
the label would be "Reported in XX" where XX is the version number of the
draft.  This label would be assigned by the person that opens the draft

2.       Create a milestone for each version to be released.  The text in
the label would be "Draft XX" where XX is the version number o the draft.
This milestone could be assigned by chairs or document editors.  It
indicates what draft the document is going to be addressed in.

3.       We create a new label of "fixed".  This label is tagged onto an
issue when:

a.       If the document is edited outside of github: When the changes have
been folded into their working version

b.      If a document is edited inside of github: When the pull request for
the fix has been merged into the main document.  Note that a pull request
can be associated with a specific issue so that authors can see when edits
are going to be rolled in,

4.       Authors can use the assignee field if they wish to indicate who is
responsible for a specific set of edits.  If working on github, this could
be somebody other than a main author.

5.       When documents are published, there is a two week grace period for
the person who reports to issue to review the changes and either close the
issue or indicate in the issue why it has not been properly addressed.

6.       After the two week grace period, chairs can close bugs and they
will need to be re-opened if the reporter disagrees with the fact that it is
addressed.

Note that milestones and labels can only be created by the people who
control the project.  As such I cannot do it at this point in time for the
requirements document issues that I have created.

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:43:56 -0700

I have been playing a bit harder with this.

Turns out that we can use the labels, but you have to be tagged as a
contributor in order to do things like setting labels and so forth.

We can still use this, but for those people who are not tagged as
contributors, the tagging part will need to be done by somebody else. 

There are no barriers to opening and modifying issues if you are not a
contributor.

Jim

From: sacm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Schaad
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sacm] How to track items - suggestion