Subject: [sacm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sacm-use-cases-08.txt> (Endpoint Security Posture Assessment - Enterprise Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:36:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Security Automation and
Continuous Monitoring WG (sacm) to consider the following document:
- 'Endpoint Security Posture Assessment - Enterprise Use Cases'
  <draft-ietf-sacm-use-cases-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo documents a sampling of use cases for securely aggregating
   configuration and operational data and evaluating that data to
   determine an organization's security posture.  From these operational
   use cases, we can derive common functional capabilities and
   requirements to guide development of vendor-neutral, interoperable
   standards for aggregating and evaluating data relevant to security
   posture.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-use-cases/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-use-cases/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.