Subject: Re: [sacm] [draft-ietf-sacm-requirements] ARCH-005: Modularity (#22)

From: ncamwing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 22:37:06 -0700

Hi Jim,
I view versioning and back compabilitibility as being somewhat different than extensibility.
The extensibility is to allow for other (especially vendor specific) attributes to be allowed (but not mandatory to SACM)....

    Nancy.

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/sacmwg/draft-ietf-sacm-requirements/issues/22#issuecomment-98592186

---

From: llorenzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 14:21:31 -0700

Nancy, I read what Jim is saying as - extensibility (G-005) and versioning / backward compatibility (G-008) are already defined as general requirements, so why have the same requirement again in the architecture section?  Jim - i think the answer is: ARCH-005 is specific to how the components are expected to interact with each other, which is defined in the architecture.

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/sacmwg/draft-ietf-sacm-requirements/issues/22#issuecomment-100372186

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 15:35:03 -0700

Closed #22.

---
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/sacmwg/draft-ietf-sacm-requirements/issues/22#event-300679424