Subject: [sacm] Issue #2 of the slides for today

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:15:21 -0700

Looking at this issue, the discussion is not on the point that I expected
the IM authors to be looking at.  Based on my messages I expected that the
authors would go through a process of asking the following set of questions:

1.  What are the problems that we think we need to have nesting of subject
for?

2.  Are these problems that we think need to be addressed?

3.  Are there alternative methods to nesting that would solve the same
problem?

4.  What entities are going to be generating these types of problems?
Collectors or other items?

5.  Does IPFIX have this problem?  Did they solve it in this manner or in a
different manner?

6.  What are the strengths and weaknesses of each alternative vis-à-vis
serialization, querying, and other operations.

Jim

---

From: "Haynes, Dan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:44:25 +0000

I think these are all fair questions.  We can discuss these at the meeting although it sounds like this could be quite a long discussion :).  Maybe we can briefly discuss them and then bring the discussion to the list.

Thanks,

Danny

> -----Original Message-----
> From: sacm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Schaad
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [sacm] Issue #2 of the slides for today
> 
> Looking at this issue, the discussion is not on the point that I expected the IM
> authors to be looking at.  Based on my messages I expected that the authors
> would go through a process of asking the following set of questions:
> 
> 1.  What are the problems that we think we need to have nesting of subject for?
> 
> 3.  Are there alternative methods to nesting that would solve the same problem?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sacm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm