Subject: [sacm] vulnerability workflow information elements

From: Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:42:45 -0400

During IETF 98, SACM discussed the information elements required to execute
each task in the vulnerability assessment work flow. A description of the
vulnerability work flow, associated tasks, and proposed information
elements can be found here:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-sacm-vulnerability-scenario-discussion-00.pdf
.

The work flow defines communications between components. Proposed
information element selections for each component pairing begin on slide
17. The group agreed to continue the discussion of which information
elements are necessary to communicate between components on the mailing
list. Please review the slide deck, and send your thoughts on which
information elements are necessary to communicate between:

   - The VDD and the vulnerability assessor
   - The vulnerability assessor and the endpoint repository
   - The endpoint repository and the collector, and
   - The collector and the target endpoint.

---

From: Adam Montville <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:00:39 +0000

Thanks for continuing the conversation, Jess. I know there are some points
from the meeting we wanted to work out on the list, and one of those points
may be a discussion needing to happen in front of this one - which
components are the right ones? We had some discussion about this during the
meeting, but not the follow-on discussion here.

So, SACM, should we talk further about our perspective on these components?
>From the meeting, and from previous discussions, the components are viewed
as being composable. Meaning they represent a collection of functionality
that may or may not be implemented by a single solution. The two
perspectives at play were on slides 6 and 7 of the same deck Jess points
out.

Then, are the interactions between these components the right ones?

Then, what are the necessary information elements needing to be sent for
each interaction?

Additionally, Dave Waltermire and I are committed to begin planning and
organizing IETF 99 hackathon participation so that we can cobble together
what a solution might look like, so that we can either validate what comes
out of these discussions and/or discover the solutions we might consider.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM Jessica Fitzgerald-McKay <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> During IETF 98, SACM discussed the information elements required to
> execute each task in the vulnerability assessment work flow. A description
> of the vulnerability work flow, associated tasks, and proposed information
> _______________________________________________
> sacm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sacm
>