Subject: [sacm] Suresh Krishnan's Abstain on draft-ietf-sacm-requirements-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:55:29 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sacm-requirements-16: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sacm-requirements/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I do see the value of writing up the requirements to guide further work in the
WG, but I do not see that value of publishing them in a standalone RFC. I would
have much preferred the requirements to be included in the other WG
deliverables (as Alvaro and Terry have noted). I do respect the WG's intent to
publish and I am abstaining to move out of the way.