Subject: [sacm] AD review of SWIMA draft

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 07:30:25 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for your work on the SWIMA draft.  It looks very good and
I'd like to kick off last call today if at all possible.  Karen
mentioned that the nits corrections are queued up, so along with those
I have some minor edits:

SWIMA
Section 3.2
S/MIST NOT/MUST NOT/

Privacy - 7.2 goes into the privacy considerations more than the
privacy considerations section, a reference back to section 7.2 from
the privacy considerations would be helpful for people who just look
at the privacy section as they'll think it's inadequate and you have
most bases covered. Information on applications installed may reveal
information about the user of the system.  Are users aware that their
systems are being inventoried? If so, mentioning that here would be
helpful.  Compromise of systems with this data should also be a
consideration for both privacy and security (reconnaissance
information). 7.2 covers the security aspects, but I think one more
bullet for privacy and information on the end user is important if
they are able to install applications.

Please post an updated draft and let me know when that has been done.

Thanks!

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen