Subject: [sacm] Upcoming Prague Hackathon

From: Bill Munyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:19:44 -0500

As mentioned on the Virtual Interim this morning, we'll be doing some
hackathon-ing during the week in Prague.  The intent was to continue
focusing on using the hackathon to discover more about the SACM
architecture; what a collector may or may not be able to do, such as
advertise its collection capabilities, perform collection, and publish
collection results.  I am also looking to gain some more knowledge on what
an orchestration component would look like.

The SACM "project" has been created on the Hackathon wiki with the
following bullets:
- Develop an XMPP extension/component and client to allow for an
orchestration of posture attribute collection
- Expand data model development to help define posture attributes to collect

As folks can tell, I am focusing on continuing the discovery using XMPP as
the "message transfer system" as noted in the architecture.  I think this
effort will be a great continuation of previous hackathons, and I hope
folks will be able to participate.

Please get in touch with me regarding participation!

Cheers,
- Bill M

Wiki Entry:  https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/104hackathon
GitHub Repo:  https://github.com/CISecurity/IETF104-Client