Subject: SASL-MD5 reference in sacred-protocol-bss-03

From: Lawrence Greenfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:46:59 -0400

The protocl document references "SASL-MD5" several times. The name of
the mechanism is "DIGEST-MD5"; the mistake is most crucial inside of
the sample protocol (remember, no one actually reads the document!)
but the [SASL-MD5] references should probably be changed to
[DIGEST-MD5], as that will be more natural for people who have
experience with SASL.

Larry

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:51:08 +0100

Fair 'nuff. So s/SASL-MD5/DIGEST-MD5/g then? (I.e. is there
anywhere SASL-MD5 ought to occur at all?)

Stephen.

-- 
____________________________________________________________
Stephen Farrell         				   
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:[email-masked]
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com

---

From: Lawrence Greenfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:10:30 -0400

Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:51:08 +0100
   From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>

"SASL-MD5" doesn't really mean anything to me. So yep, a global sub.

thanks,
Larry