Subject: [salud] New version draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-05

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:22:46 +0100

Hi,

A new version of the draft was submitted. There are mainly editorial
and text consistency changes.

I think the current version covers all known open issues. Please send
your comments.

Thanks a lot
Laura

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2012/1/17
Subject: [salud] I-D Action: draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-05.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Sip ALerting for User
Devices Working Group of the IETF.

       Title           : Alert-Info URNs for the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP)
       Author(s)       : Laura Liess
                         Roland Jesske
                         Alan Johnston
                         Dale R. Worley
                         Paul Kyzivat
       Filename        : draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-05.txt
       Pages           : 36
       Date            : 2012-01-17

  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
  provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the UA when
  the user is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header field.
  However, the reference addresses only network resources with specific
  rendering properties.  There is currently no support for predefined
  standard identifiers for describing the semantics of the alerting
  situation or the characteristics of the alerting signal, without
  being tied to a particular rendering.  To overcome this limitation
  and support new applications, a new family of URNs for use in SIP
  Alert-Info header fields is defined in this specification.

  This document normatively updates [RFC3261], the Session Initiation
  Protocol (SIP).  It changes the usage of the SIP Alert-Info header
  field defined in the [RFC3261] by additionally allowing its use in
  all provisional responses to INVITE (except the 100 response).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-05.txt

_______________________________________________
salud mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/salud