Subject: [salud] Using the issue tracker

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 11:30:03 -0500 (EST)

At this point, I think that the remaining work can be split into
issues that don't interact very much.  I think it would help us keep
track of the discussion to put each issue into the "issue tracker"
provided by the IETF.

The issue tracker is accessible at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/salud/trac/report/1  To log in, click on
the link "Login" in the upper-right.  You need an "IETF tools" login.
You can get an IETF tools login by clicking on "Get Passwd" on the
left-side navigation column.

Do people think using the issue tracker would be useful?  If so, I
will copy our discussions into issues.

Dale

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:21:01 -0500

The trouble with issue tracker is that it is a tool that can be used and 
abused in many ways. Without careful guidelines for use it quickly 
becomes a mess. It particularly becomes a mess when it is used for one 
person to assign deliverables to another person without their consent.

I also find that it gives me trouble tracking process. Typically I keep 
track of what is going on via email history. This more formal mechanism, 
while in some sense more formal, doesn't necessarily mesh well.

IMO this tool is best used in limited ways, such as where the chairs are 
the only ones to add/edit issues based on discussion in meetings and 
email. I think it could also be used by an author or group of authors to 
keep track of things to be done to a draft.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 11/8/12 11:30 AM, Dale R. Worley wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> salud mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/salud
>

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:05:21 +0100

Hi Dale,

I read Paul's comment and I don't think that an additional monitoring tool
would be usefull. It would make things more complicated and it would take
more time untill we finish the draft.

Kind regards,
Laura

2012/11/8 Dale R. Worley <[email-masked]>