Subject: Re: [salud] <private-name> format

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:54:41 -0500 (EST)

(as an individual)

> From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
> 
> In fact, I could assign the same alert to a *range* of dates. And if I 
> *choose* to assign the same alert without regard to the date part of the 
> label, that is also my right. This is *policy*, so I can do as I wish.
> 
> And if somebody built an implementation that supported such policies, so 
> much the better.

In my latest proposal, I included a rule that an organization SHOULD
use only one date (actually, only one <provider>) for its
<private-name>s, to increase the consistency of URNs.  That would
discourage using ranges of dates in the way you're describing.

What do people think of that?

Dale

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:41:17 -0500

> discourage using ranges of dates in the way you're describing.

I'm ok with SHOULD.

	Thanks,
	Paul