Subject: [salud] Opinion concerning ticket #1 issues

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:25:56 +0100

Hi,

Here are my personal view/opinions on the issues in ticket #1:

(1)We already agreed on (1b), didnt'we?

(2) It seems that we couldn't get an agreement on using "~", Paul
doesn't like it. I am OK with Paul's proposal to use "(...)" e.g.,
"telephone.com(2013)". Other opinions?

(3) I think we should try with (3a1). At least a domain owner who
owned the domain at the default date should be allowed to omit the
date.

(4) Let's try with (4c).

(5) (5b)  because of (4c). The syntax would be DATE = [CC] YY ["-" MM
["-" DD] ].

(6) Maximizing the number of current users who can use the default
date is a good argument in favor of  (6b), so I would say let's take
(6b).

(7) I would propose to add Paul's proposal from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/salud/current/msg00295.html to
the draft text and then discuss it with Alfred Hoenes. Maybe he knows
how reliable domaintools.com is.

Thank you
Laura

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:38:54 -0500

I'm fine with everything here.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 2/12/13 10:25 AM, Laura Liess wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> salud mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/salud
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:53:48 -0500 (EST)

(as an individual)

I think everyone who cares is in agreement with your proposed
solutions to issue #1 (versioning and dates) and issue #2 (order of
labels in domain names).

The latest BNF proposals all agree on #3 (syntax connecting the first
private label is to the FQDN) as well.

Regarding issue #4, the latest BNF proposals allow <private-name>s to
be used as <alert-categories>.  I support this (to allow private
alert-categories to be defined).  Do other people agree with this?

Regarding issue #5, the BNF proposals allow multiple <private-name>s
in a URN, and I believe people generally agree with this.

We're doing well here, as I think we have general agreement on all the
open issues.

Dale