Subject: [salud] Further adjustment to namespace registration template

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:28:53 -0400 (EDT)

This is an update to the part of the "Declaration of syntactic
structure" that describes that comparison is to be case-insensitive
but URNs must be transmitted as registered.  It extends this rule to
restrict private defintions to have a definite case as well, and
copies the rule that an entity should use a single <provider> value
for all their definitions.

I don't think this will be controversial, but previously we hadn't
specified that private definitions must have fixed cases.

Dale

@@ -132,10 +48,22 @@
       syntax for Non Reserved LDH-labels [RFC5890].  <domain-label>s
       MUST comply with the syntax for Non Reserved LDH-
       labels or for A-labels [RFC5890].  Comparisons MUST follow the
-      comparison rules for the corresponding type of label.  Registered
-      URNs MUST be transmitted as registered.  A new name MUST NOT be
-      registered if it is equal by the comparison rules above to an
-      already registered name.
+      comparison rules for the corresponding type of label (which is
+      case-insensitive).
+
+      Registered <alert-category>s and <alert-ind-parts>s MUST be
+      transmitted using the case as registered.  <private-name>s and
+      privately-defined <alert-ind-part>s MUST be transmitted using
+      the case as defined by the owning entity.  A new use of an
+      <alert-label> must not be registered if it would result in an
+      <alert-URN> that is equal by the comparison rules above to an
+      already registered <alert-URN>.  A new use of an <alert-label>
+      must not be privately defined if it would result in an
+      <alert-URN> that is equal by the comparison rules above to an
+      existing privately-define <alert-URN> (in which case, the
+      existing <alert-URN> is necessarily defined by the same entity).
+      An entity SHOULD use only one <provider> value (including taking
+      case into account) for all <private-name>s that it defines.
 
       The ABNF [RFC5234] for the Alert -Info URNs is shown below:
 
@@ -144,7 +72,7 @@
            alert-identifier = alert-category ":" alert-indication
            alert-category   = alert-name
            alert-indication = alert-ind-part *(":" alert-ind-part)
-           alert-ind-part  = alert-name
+           alert-ind-part   = alert-name
            alert-name       = alert-label / private-name
            private-name     = alert-label "@" provider
            provider         = provider-id ["(" date ")"]