Subject: [Sandbox-mailoutput] [Django development] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-08.txt> (Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Domain Interconnection) to Proposed Standard

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 11:13:04 -0800

The attached message would have been sent, but the tracker is in development mode.
It was not sent to anybody.

Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-08.txt> (Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Domain Interconnection) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Matthew Bocci <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 11:13:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route
Advertisement for Segment Routing
   Enabled Domain Interconnection'
  <draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Data centers are critical components of the infrastructure used by
   network operators to provide services to their customers.  Data
   centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by gateway
   routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway for
   commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.

   Segment Routing is a protocol mechanism that can be used within a
   data center, and also for steering traffic that flows between two
   data center sites.  In order that one data center site may load
   balance the traffic it sends to another data center site, it needs to
   know the complete set of gateway routers at the remote data center,
   the points of connection from those gateways to the backbone network,
   and the connectivity across the backbone network.

   Segment Routing may also be operated in other domains, such as access
   networks.  Those domains also need to be connected across backbone
   networks through gateways.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow each gateway router to advertise the routes to the
   prefixes in the Segment Routing domains to which it provides access,
   and also to advertise on behalf of each other gateway to the same
   Segment Routing domain.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.