Subject: [Sandbox-mailoutput] [Django development] Manual Post Requested for draft-testeckert-pim-rfc1112bis

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:09:26 -0700

The attached message would have been sent, but the tracker is in development mode.
It was not sent to anybody.

Subject: Manual Post Requested for draft-testeckert-pim-rfc1112bis
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Stephen E. Deering" <[email-masked]>, Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>, Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:09:26 -0700

Hi,

Manual posting has been requested for the following Internet-Draft.

The problems found during automated submission were: 
  - Author email error (see below)

If the authors claim that this is incorrect, then please look at the actual
draft and verify that it does not have the problems indicated.

Full idnits results are available at the end of this message.

I-D Submission Tool URL: 
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/status/120554/

  File name       : draft-testeckert-pim-rfc1112bis
  Revision        : 00
  Submission date : 2021-07-14
  Group           : Individual Submission 

  Title           : Host Extensions IP Multicasting - Any Source Multicast (ASM)
  Document date   : 2021-07-12
  Pages           : 11
  File size       : 30.8 KB

  Submitter       : Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>

  Abstract        : 
   This memo specifies the extensions required of a host implementation
   of the Internet Protocol (IP) to support Any Source Multicast (ASM)
   IP Multicasting or abbreviated IP Multicast.
   Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

  Authors:
    Stephen E. Deering <[email-masked]>
    Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>

  Comment to the secretariat:

  Idnits result:

idnits 2.16.02 

/a/www/www6s/staging/draft-testeckert-pim-rfc1112bis-00.txt:

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == The page length should not exceed 58 lines per page, but there was 1
     longer page, the longest (page 1) being 614 lines

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  ** The document seems to lack a Security Considerations section.

  ** The document seems to lack an IANA Considerations section.  (See Section
     2.2 of https://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist for how to handle the case
     when there are no actions for IANA.)

  ** There are 45 instances of too long lines in the document, the longest
     one being 402 characters in excess of 72.

  == There are 2 instances of lines with multicast IPv4 addresses in the
     document.  If these are generic example addresses, they should be changed
     to use the 233.252.0.x range defined in RFC 5771

  == The 'Obsoletes: ' line in the draft header should list only the
     _numbers_ of the RFCs which will be obsoleted by this document (if
     approved); it should not include the word 'RFC' in the list.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == Couldn't figure out when the document was first submitted -- there may
     comments or warnings related to the use of a disclaimer for pre-RFC5378
     work that could not be issued because of this.  Please check the Legal
     Provisions document at https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info to determine
     if you need the pre-RFC5378 disclaimer.

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC4607' on line 173 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC1112' on line 62 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC4861' on line 141 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC3376' on line 148 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC3810' on line 148 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC5790' on line 149 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC4291' on line 170 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC7346' on line 171 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC7371' on line 171 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC3493' on line 378 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC2464' on line 318 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC6085' on line 318 looks like a reference

  -- Missing reference section? 'RFC3678' on line 379 looks like a reference

     Summary: 3 errors (**), 0 flaws (~~), 4 warnings (==), 13 comments (--).

     Run idnits with the --verbose option for more detailed information about
     the items above.