Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:01:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
 directories.                                                              

       Title     : POP3 AUTHentication command                             
       Author(s) : J. Myers
       Filename  : draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt
       Pages     : 6
       Date      : 11/18/1996

This document describes the optional AUTH command, for indicating an 
authentication mechanism to the server, performing an authentication 
protocol exchange, and optionally negotiating a security layer for 
subsequent protocol interactions.  This extension is a profile of the 
Simple Authentication and Session Layer [SASL].                            

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt
 
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:	
	                                                
     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za                    
	                                                
     o  Europe:  nic.nordu.net            	
                 ftp.nis.garr.it                 
	                                                
     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au               
	                                                
     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net           
	                                                
     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu               
	                                                
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.	
	                                                
Send a message to:  [email-masked]. In the body type: 
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt".
							
NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
      how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the Internet-Draft.