Subject: MAILING LIST LAST CALL

From: John Gardiner Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 16:41:05 -0500 (EST)

Given the lack of a concrete proposal to the registration scheme in
draft-myers-auth-sasl-06.txt, and also given the lack of discussion
leading towards such a proposal, I am now issuing a mailing list last
call for the following documents.

draft-myers-sasl-pop3-00.txt
draft-myers-smtp-auth-04.txt
draft-myers-auth-sasl-06.txt

Unless I get a significant negative response by this time next week, I
intend to request an appropriate Area Director to review the documents
and issue an IETF-wide Last Call.

-- 
_.John Gardiner Myers	Internet: [email-masked]
			LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:23:22 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, John Gardiner Myers wrote:
> [mailing list last call on:]

The S/Key mechanism should state explicitly that it uses MD4, or
be flushed from the base spec.

I'd like to see CRAM-MD5 folded into the base SASL spec, if John Klensin
agrees.

The mechanisms in the document should be defined according the the
registration template, so they can better serve as examples.

I'm looking forward to seeing this go standards track ASAP, and don't
consider any of the above three suggestions show stoppers.

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:23:22 -0800 (PST)