Subject: SASL draft 09

From: John Gardiner Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:28:01 -0400 (EDT)

Draft 08 went out recently, I've just submitted 09 and it should be
out soon.

After 09 comes out, please review it and quickly give comments.  I'd
like to get this to IETF Last Call real soon.

Changes in 08:

* Specified that the null string as an authorization identity means
the server should use a default identity based on the authentication
credentials.

* Changed some GSSAPI v1 language to equivalent GSSAPI v2 language.

* Added a "specific issues" section to specify out some edge
conditions that the LDAP protocol brought to light.

* Moved some of the "initial response" language to the specific issues
section.  Changed the definitions to be in terms of mechanisms in
which the client sends the first data (instead of in terms of
mechanisms in which the server sends an initial challenge with no
data.)  The protocol is the same, the definitions should be clearer.

* Added "Appendix A" to discuss the relation of SASL to TLS and IPsec

Changes in 09:

* Added the definition of the "EXTERNAL" SASL mechanism.

* Added more stuff to Appendix A and hopefully made it clearer.

-- 
_.John Gardiner Myers	Internet: [email-masked]
			LoseNet:  ...!seismo!ihnp4!wiscvm.wisc.edu!give!up