Subject: Feedback on RFC 2195: CRAM-MD5

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:10:08 -0800 (PST)

There was a discussion of the CRAM-MD5 mechanism on the LDAPEXT mailing
list.  Since LDAP uses spaces in user names, it's important that CRAM-MD5
implementations do a right-to-left parse to support that.

I think this needs to be documented in the next revision to the spec
(presumably a draft standard revision next March).

A formal grammar and some sample code (which I'd be willing to supply, if
you wish) would also be useful.

		- Chris

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:25:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:10:08 -0800 (PST) Chris Newman 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>...

If you supply it, we will enthusiastically review it and 
paste it in.

   john

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:25:04 -0500 (EST)

john