Subject: New OTP SASL draft

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 11:21:14 -0700 (PDT)

I just submitted a new OTP SASL draft to the internet-drafts editor.

A preview copy is available on the web at:
  <http://www.innosoft.com/iii/persons/chris/otpsasl.txt>
or in heuristicly generated html:
  <http://www.innosoft.com/iii/persons/chris/otpsasl.html>

This now defines only one OTP SASL mechanism (rather than OTP-MD5 and
OTP-SHA1 as the old version did).

Two other things of note:

Support for alternate dictionaries is mandatory for the server.  This is
only a small burden for the server, and it permits the six-word format to
be non-English.  Multinational support is important for applications and
making alternate dictionaries mandatory on the server reduces
interoperability issues.

I added an IANA considerations section which explicitly amends the
"intended usage" of the SKEY SASL mechanism to OBSOLETE. 

Final review of this specification would be appreciated.  I'm hoping only
editorial changes will be necessary prior to IETF last call.

		- Chris