Subject: authmeth-02 && (Digest | CRAM-MD5)?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 09:06:24 -0700

[apologies for cross-post. which single list are we going to discuss (Digest | 
CRAM-MD5) on? Seems [email-masked] is probably the appropriate one.]

Ok, so my understanding is that the Apps-area mandatory-to-impl 
simple-vs-complex auth mechanism lunch occured during the Chicago IETF on Tue 
25-Aug-1998.

My understanding from RLBob Morgan and Paul Hoffman is that at the (lunch) 
meeting, the discussion centered around CRAM vs Digest. The upshot was that 
Paul Leach and Chris Newman are to go off and tweak the Digest spec such that 
Chris' specific concerns are addressed (i.e. there was general consensus that 
Digest is better in specific areas and that we oughta utilize it rather than 
something we know has those problems and then have to change it in the 
near-to-intermediate term).

So, it seems we should be hearing from Paul & Chris about this, presummably on 
one or both of these lists ([email-masked]?).

Are there any first-hand accounts of the meeting someone who was actually 
there would like to publish (i.e. minutes?)?

thanks,

Jeff