Subject: Re: Cyrus libsasl 1.2b1 release

From: John Mani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:22:56 -0800 (PST)

>   It also includes a tentative version of our Java SASL API; this needs
> more definition, but it works.  The Java API uses JNI to talk to the C
> API, so the same plugins work for all applications.

Are you guys aware of the Java SASL API work being done at JavaSoft ?
Contact [email-masked] for more info.

-john

---

From: Rob Earhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:46:00 -0500 (EST)

> Are you guys aware of the Java SASL API work being done at JavaSoft ?

  Nope (was it posted to the mailing list?  :-)  I knew about Netscape's
work on a Java SASL API, but didn't really care for it (but didn't have
anything better to propose at the time; I knew you *could* use JNI, but
didn't have the time to figure it out); I like a model where a single
plugin can work with applications written in both C and Java.

> Contact [email-masked] for more info.

  Cool--thanks for the address.

  (Rosanna: want to take this to personal mail?)

  )Rob

---

From: Rob Earhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:46:00 -0500 (EST)

)Rob