Subject: cyrus libsasl 1.4.1

From: Rob Earhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:57:14 -0500 (EST)

Hey, I just wanted to mention that we've released another version of our
SASL library, implementing something like what we think the final C API
might look like; source code for the library, sample code using the
library, & plugins for the cram-md5, plain, anonymous, kerberos_v4,
digest-md5, and gssapi mechanisms are available at
<ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/>.

  The digest-md5 code is still a little unstable, and the gssapi code
hasn't been tested lately (I'm not sure it still works), but the others
are pretty happy.

  We're also kicking this release out as RPMs (available in the same
place), as a convenience for people who want to just install it and use it
on Redhat 5.2 systems without actually building the software.

  The old Java SASL implementation is missing; it looks like it'll be
changing quite a bit in the near future.  We're working with Sun and
Netscape on some ideas; it's going well, and we're hoping to get another
implementation of it out in a future release.

  As usual, questions/comments can be sent to myself, Tim Martin
<[email-masked]>, or the Cyrus SASL project list at
<[email-masked]>. 

  )Rob