Subject: SRP-SASL

From: Keith Burdis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:15:20 +0200

Hi there

  I've published an Internet Draft about "the Secure Remote Password SASL
  mechanism". It describes an SASL mechanism based on the Secure Remote
  Password protocol developed by Thomas Wu at Stanford University. My goal is
  to develop a mechanism that makes full use of the security and
  functionality of SRP, yet is also simple to implement.

  I'd like some feedback on what people think of this mechanism. In
  particular I'd like to know what you think about confidentiality
  protection. Should I just use a mandatory algorithm like DES?

  There is some alpha1 code that implements this mechanism that will shortly
  be available on the Cryptix site (http://www.cryptix.org/).

  Thanks.

    - Keith
-- 
Keith Burdis - MSc (Computer Science) - Rhodes University, South Africa  
Email   : [email-masked]
WWW     : http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~keith/
IRC     : Panthras                                          JAPH

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a perl script"

Standard disclaimer.
---