Subject: Trouble compiling cyrus-sasl-1.5.24 -- sasldblistusers.c

From: Davin Flatten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:25:11 -0800

Hello-

I am very new to actually compiling source code into executables and I
was hoping that someone might be able to help me.

I am trying to compile cyrus-sasl-1.5.23.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail
I am running the following:

Red Hat 7.0 --
Linux version 2.2.16-22 ([email-masked]) (gcc version
egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #1 Tue Aug 22 16:49:06
EDT 2000

As root I run:

./configure -with-pwcheck_method=PAM

All goes well except the following warnings:

configure: warning: Disabling SASL authentication database support <---
Maybe this????
configure: warning: No DES support for DIGEST-MD5
configure: warning: No DES library found for Kerberos V4 support
configure: warning: Disabling GSSAPI
configure: warning: SSL: Disabling rc4 support

Then i run as root:

make

All goes well until we enter the /utils directory then:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/dflatten/cyrus-build/cyrus-sasl-1.5.24/utils'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include  -I/usr/local/include
-Wall -W -g -O2 -c sasldblistusers.c
sasldblistusers.c: In function `listusers':
sasldblistusers.c:312: warning: unused parameter `cb'
sasldblistusers.c: In function `main':
sasldblistusers.c:332: warning: passing arg 1 of `listusers' from
incompatible pointer type
sasldblistusers.c:332: too many arguments to function `listusers'
make[2]: *** [sasldblistusers.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/dflatten/cyrus-build/cyrus-sasl-1.5.24/utils'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dflatten/cyrus-build/cyrus-sasl-1.5.24'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I hope this is enough information.  I apologize if this has already been
posted.  I could not find an easy way to search the archives.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated since I REALLY want to know how to compile
my own stuff instead of using RPM's

Thank you in advance!
Davin Flatten