Subject: List of unresolved issues for SASL BOF meeting

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:54:23 -0600

I've compiled the list of issues that were discussed on the list. Any
comments and additions are welcome. I suggest we close as many issues as
we can before meeting.

Also I am curious whether we have new drafts for CRAM-MD5 and
DIGEST-MD5.

Base SASL spec:

1). Discussions about authorization id (allowed characters and encoding)
2). Add some text about how to write reauthentication step (add SM2 to
base spec?)

GSSAPI:

1). Move base-32 out of the document?
2). Why generation of GSSAPI mechanism name is so complex?

CRAM-MD5:

1). UTF-8 as character set
2). Spaces in username

DIGEST-MD5:

1). Issues with reauthentication step: Anybody implemented
reauthentication for DIGEST-MD5?
2). Issues with privacy encoding? (Document doesn't specify which mode
to use with DES)
3). Add AES as cipher

SM2:

1). Add to the charter?
2). DIGEST-MD5 reauthentication: remove from DIGEST-MD5 and use
SM2-DIGEST-MD5?

Interoperability report and feature implementation table:
 Does anybody work on this?

Something to talk about if the time permits or arrange additional bar
BOF (This is out of scope for SASL WG!):
1). SASL APIs
2). SASL profiles for HTTP

Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
R & D, ACI Worldwide (formerly MessagingDirect Ltd.)
phone 780.424.4922 x357

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.
__________________________________________