Subject: draft-burdis-cat-srp-sasl-06

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:19:21 +0200

Greetings

A rather belated announcement that Raif and I released a new version of
the SRP SASL draft on 12 January. Below are the changes from the
previous draft:

   The underlying message digest algorithm for SRP calculations is now
   selected during an exchange between the server and client. Section
   4.2 and Section 4.3 have been amended to reflect this change.

   Changed "mechanisms" to "mechanism" in various places and fixed the
   mechanism name to "SRP."

   Removed "Mechanism Names" section, since it is no longer needed, and
   replaced with "Introduction."

   Changed the mechanism data exchanges in Section 4 so that the
   authorisation identity (I) is sent with the authentication identity
   (U).

   Added a new bullet point to Section 7.1 justifying the selection of
   SHA-160 as the MANDATORY Message Digest Algorithm for SRP
   calculations.

   Added a new paragraph to Section 8 giving Tom Wu's response to the
   SRP password-guessing attack pointed out by Robert Moskowitz.

   Added Ken Murchison to Section 9.

   Used "**" consistently as the symbol for the exponentiation operator.

   Re-ordered the references alphabetically.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this revision.

 - Keith and Raif