Subject: SASL work update

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:53:25 -0600

Hi group,

We had recently an amazing lack of progress on our target documents.

John, can you submit a new GSSAPI draft, as the last version expired and
is no longer in the draft repository?

I hope to submit another revision of DIGEST-MD5 before the cut off
deadline. However I've heard no comments so far (except for merging
DIGEST-MD5 AES document).

Lyndon promised to submit a new version of CRAM-MD5. This is just to
replace the version that is about to expire.
IMHO, this document is ready for Last Call and Lyndon seems to think the
same.

I know there were some discussions about SASL SRP on the SACRED mailing
list and in private mail. Hopefully we will see a new document soon.

And one more thing: I don't expect to have an official or unofficial
SASL meeting in Yokohama, as not many interested people are planning to
attend. However I am willing to have a meeting next time (in November?).
This will be either BOF or WG meeting.
Objections?

On a related note: Magnus Nystrom, Robert Zuccherato and myself are
working on HTTP SASL document (currently
draft-nystrom-http-sasl-01.txt). We expect to submit an update before
the deadline. If you are interested in this, please take time to review
the document, because it is getting close to being last called.

Anybody wants to add anything to this list?

Regards,
Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
R & D, ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect
Richmond, Surrey, UK
Phone: +44 20 8332 4508
Home Page: http://orthanc.ab.ca/mel

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.
__________________________________________