Subject: SM2 darft has expired

From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:38:47 +1000

hi there,

is there an interest in re-newing the sm2 darft?

cheers;
rsn

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:38:47 +1000
From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
To: SASL list <[email-masked]>
Subject: SM2 darft has expired
Sender: [email-masked]

hi there,

is there an interest in re-newing the sm2 darft?

cheers;
rsn

To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:39:53 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Plain SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
Clear-text passwords are simple, interoperate with almost all existing
operating system authentication databases, and are useful for a smooth
transition to a more secure password-based authentication mechanism.
The drawback is that they are unacceptable for use over an unencrypted
network connection.  This document defines the the SASL PLAIN
authentication mechanism, intended to be used with confidentiality
protection provided another layer (e.g. TLS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-zeilenga-sasl-plain-00.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:40:47 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Anonymous SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 25-Jun-02
	
It is common practice on the Internet to permit anonymous access to
various services.  Traditionally, this has been done with a plain text
password mechanism using 'anonymous' as the user name and optional
trace information, such as an email address, as the password.  As
plaintext login commands are not permitted in new IETF protocols, a
new way to provide anonymous login is needed within the context of the
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-zeilenga-sasl-anon-00.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:53:27 -0700
To: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION: draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt
Cc: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

It might be appropriate for 2222bis to provide a SASL
string profile(s) [draft-hoffman-stringprep] for
authentication identities, authorization identities,
and passwords which mechanisms can reference as needed.

Kurt

At 07:28 AM 2002-06-23, Simon Josefsson wrote:

>Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This version was pushed to replace the about-to-expire -01 draft;
>> there are no changes to the content from the -01 version.
>>
>> I haven't received any comments since the publication of -01,
>> therefore I plan to submit this for last call a few days after the
>> upcoming IETF meeting ends.
>
>I have two comments regarding the use of Unicode NFKC normalization:
>
>1) It can be made more clear that using other normalization tables
>   than the one referenced may result in interoperability problems:
>
>--- draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt.orig    Mon Jun 17 20:01:40 2002
>+++ draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt Sun Jun 23 16:21:13 2002
>@@ -87,7 +87,11 @@
>      The user name and shared secret MUST be represented in the Unicode
>      character set [UNICODE], and MUST be normalised using the Unicode
>      Normalisation Form KC [NFKC]. The resulting values MUST be encoded
>-     as UTF-8 [UTF8].
>+     as UTF-8 [UTF8].  An application MUST NOT use newer normalization
>+     tables even when such are available because it is not possible to
>+     know if the other protocol entity also utilizes these newer tables.
>+     This includes any Unicode normalization erratas that may be issued
>+     in the future.
> 
> 
> 3.1.  Formal Syntax
>
>2) Update CRAM-MD5 to use Unicode 3.2. According to
>   http://www.imc.org/idn/mail-archive/msg06650.html there was one
>   backwards incompatible change in the NFKC normalization tables
>   between 3.1 and 3.2, it could be good to use the latest version to
>   support that character properly.
>
>--- draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt.orig    Mon Jun 17 20:01:40 2002
>+++ draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt Sun Jun 23 16:04:43 2002
>@@ -200,8 +200,8 @@
>      [NFKC]
>           Davis, M., M. Durst, "Unicode Standard Annex #15: Unicode Nor-
>           malisation Forms", An integral part of The Unicode Standard,
>-          Version 3.1.1 (http://www.uni-
>-          code.org/reports/tr15/tr15-21.html).
>+          Version 3.2.0 (http://www.uni-
>+          code.org/reports/tr15/tr15-22.html).
> 
> 
>      [SASL]
>@@ -210,12 +210,11 @@
> 
> 
>      [UNICODE]
>-          The Unicode Consortium, "The Unicode Standard, Version 3.1.1",
>+          The Unicode Consortium, "The Unicode Standard, Version 3.2.0",
>           defined by: The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0 (Reading, MA,
>           Addison-Wesley, 2000.  ISBN 0-201-61633-5), as amended by the
>-          Unicode Standard Annex #27: Unicode 3.1 (http://www.uni-
>-          code.org/reports/tr27/) and the Unicode 3.1.1 Update Notice
>-          (http://www.unicode.org/versions/ Unicode3.1.1.html).
>+          Unicode Standard Annex #28: Unicode 3.2 (http://www.uni-
>+          code.org/reports/tr28/tr28-3.html).
> 
> 
>      [UTF8]
>
>Perhaps one also can discuss the problem of using different
>transcoding tables to convert from legacy character sets to Unicode in
>clients and servers, since such tables aren't standardized, but
>hopefully that is mostly academic.

To: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION: draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt
From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:28:27 +0200
Lines: 70
Sender: [email-masked]

Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> This version was pushed to replace the about-to-expire -01 draft;
> there are no changes to the content from the -01 version.
>
> I haven't received any comments since the publication of -01,
> therefore I plan to submit this for last call a few days after the
> upcoming IETF meeting ends.

I have two comments regarding the use of Unicode NFKC normalization:

1) It can be made more clear that using other normalization tables
   than the one referenced may result in interoperability problems:

--- draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt.orig	Mon Jun 17 20:01:40 2002
+++ draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt	Sun Jun 23 16:21:13 2002
@@ -87,7 +87,11 @@
      The user name and shared secret MUST be represented in the Unicode
      character set [UNICODE], and MUST be normalised using the Unicode
      Normalisation Form KC [NFKC]. The resulting values MUST be encoded
-     as UTF-8 [UTF8].
+     as UTF-8 [UTF8].  An application MUST NOT use newer normalization
+     tables even when such are available because it is not possible to
+     know if the other protocol entity also utilizes these newer tables.
+     This includes any Unicode normalization erratas that may be issued
+     in the future.

 3.1.  Formal Syntax

2) Update CRAM-MD5 to use Unicode 3.2. According to
   http://www.imc.org/idn/mail-archive/msg06650.html there was one
   backwards incompatible change in the NFKC normalization tables
   between 3.1 and 3.2, it could be good to use the latest version to
   support that character properly.

--- draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt.orig	Mon Jun 17 20:01:40 2002
+++ draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt	Sun Jun 23 16:04:43 2002
@@ -200,8 +200,8 @@
      [NFKC]
           Davis, M., M. Durst, "Unicode Standard Annex #15: Unicode Nor-
           malisation Forms", An integral part of The Unicode Standard,
-          Version 3.1.1 (http://www.uni-
-          code.org/reports/tr15/tr15-21.html).
+          Version 3.2.0 (http://www.uni-
+          code.org/reports/tr15/tr15-22.html).

      [SASL]
@@ -210,12 +210,11 @@

      [UNICODE]
-          The Unicode Consortium, "The Unicode Standard, Version 3.1.1",
+          The Unicode Consortium, "The Unicode Standard, Version 3.2.0",
           defined by: The Unicode Standard, Version 3.0 (Reading, MA,
           Addison-Wesley, 2000.  ISBN 0-201-61633-5), as amended by the
-          Unicode Standard Annex #27: Unicode 3.1 (http://www.uni-
-          code.org/reports/tr27/) and the Unicode 3.1.1 Update Notice
-          (http://www.unicode.org/versions/ Unicode3.1.1.html).
+          Unicode Standard Annex #28: Unicode 3.2 (http://www.uni-
+          code.org/reports/tr28/tr28-3.html).

      [UTF8]

Perhaps one also can discuss the problem of using different
transcoding tables to convert from legacy character sets to Unicode in
clients and servers, since such tables aren't standardized, but
hopefully that is mostly academic.

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 04:16:12 +1000
From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], SASL list <[email-masked]>
Cc: Keith Burdis <[email-masked]>
Subject: Algorithm Naming
Sender: [email-masked]

Earlier, this year i sent an email about the above subject.

The following draft is an attempt to address this issue.

	Title		: Algorithm naming
	Author(s)	: R. Naffah, K. Burdis
	Filename	: draft-naffah-naming-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 19-Jun-02
	
Albeit incomplete, this document describes a process for registering 
cryptographic algorithm names and parameters to ease referencing of such 
information from IETF Drafts and RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-naffah-naming-00.txt

cheers;
rsn

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:52:53 -0600
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Organization: ACI WorldWide / MessagingDirect
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>         Title           : Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism
>         Author(s)       : P. Leach, C. Newman, A. Melnikov
>         Filename        : draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt
>         Pages           : 33
>         Date            : 18-Jun-02
>
> This specification defines how HTTP Digest Authentication [Digest]
> can be used as a SASL [RFC 2222] mechanism for any protocol that has
> a SASL profile. It is intended both as an improvement over CRAM-MD5
> [RFC 2195] and as a convenient way to support a single authentication
> mechanism for web, mail, LDAP, and other protocols.

> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt

List of changes and open issues can be found in Appendixes A and B respectively.

Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
R & D, ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect
Richmond, Surrey, UK
Phone: +44 20 8332 4508
Home Page: http://orthanc.ab.ca/mel

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.
__________________________________________

To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:28:29 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: P. Leach, C. Newman, A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 18-Jun-02
	
This specification defines how HTTP Digest Authentication [Digest]
can be used as a SASL [RFC 2222] mechanism for any protocol that has
a SASL profile. It is intended both as an improvement over CRAM-MD5
[RFC 2195] and as a convenient way to support a single authentication
mechanism for web, mail, LDAP, and other protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-melnikov-rfc2831bis-01.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION: draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt
Organization: ACI Worldwide - Advanced Technology Group
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:21:37 -0600
From: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

This version was pushed to replace the about-to-expire -01 draft;
there are no changes to the content from the -01 version.

I haven't received any comments since the publication of -01,
therefore I plan to submit this for last call a few days after the
upcoming IETF meeting ends.

--lyndon

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce: ;
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:26:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The CRAM-MD5 SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin, P. Krumviede, L. Nerenberg
	Filename	: draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 17-Jun-02
	
This document defines a simple challenge-response [SASL] authenti-
cation mechanism, using a [KEYED-MD5] digest.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nerenberg-sasl-crammd5-02.txt

Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 12:41:21 -0700
To: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: SASL work update
Cc: SASL WG <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

At 05:53 PM 2002-06-14, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>Anybody wants to add anything to this list?

I'll have PLAIN and ANONYMOUS I-Ds submitted
before the cut-off...

Kurt

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:53:25 -0600
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Organization: ACI WorldWide / MessagingDirect
To: SASL WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: SASL work update
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi group,

We had recently an amazing lack of progress on our target documents.

John, can you submit a new GSSAPI draft, as the last version expired and
is no longer in the draft repository?

I hope to submit another revision of DIGEST-MD5 before the cut off
deadline. However I've heard no comments so far (except for merging
DIGEST-MD5 AES document).

Lyndon promised to submit a new version of CRAM-MD5. This is just to
replace the version that is about to expire.
IMHO, this document is ready for Last Call and Lyndon seems to think the
same.

I know there were some discussions about SASL SRP on the SACRED mailing
list and in private mail. Hopefully we will see a new document soon.

And one more thing: I don't expect to have an official or unofficial
SASL meeting in Yokohama, as not many interested people are planning to
attend. However I am willing to have a meeting next time (in November?).
This will be either BOF or WG meeting.
Objections?

On a related note: Magnus Nystrom, Robert Zuccherato and myself are
working on HTTP SASL document (currently
draft-nystrom-http-sasl-01.txt). We expect to submit an update before
the deadline. If you are interested in this, please take time to review
the document, because it is getting close to being last called.

Anybody wants to add anything to this list?

Regards,
Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
R & D, ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect
Richmond, Surrey, UK
Phone: +44 20 8332 4508
Home Page: http://orthanc.ab.ca/mel

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.
__________________________________________

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:32:40 +0200
Subject: sasl install on mac os x
From: dj van <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-1-682404246
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	format=flowed

Version cyrus-sasl-2.1.4

i installt the dlcompat-20010505

and then i made ./configure

creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.5
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
...........
..........
..........
updating cache ./config.cache
loading cache ./config.cache
checking to build static libsasl2.a... no
checking DB path to use... /etc/sasldb2
checking for db.h... yes
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.2... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.2... no              <<<----- is that 
normel     (no dbs) or shut i installing somthing ???
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb... no
checking for db_open in -ldb... no
checking for ndbm.h... yes
checking for dbm_open in -lndbm... no
checking for dbm_open... yes
checking DB library to use... ndbm
..............
..............
..............
checking whether you have ss_family in struct sockaddr_storage... 
(cached) yes
checking whether you have sa_len in struct sockaddr... (cached) yes
checking for socklen_t... (cached) no
updating cache .././config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating saslauthd.h
Configuration Complete. Type 'make' to build.

root# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in include
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -I/usr/local/include   -Wall -W -g 
-O2 -c makemd5.c
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib  -o 
makemd5  makemd5.o
mkdir .libs
gcc -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -o makemd5 makemd5.o
rm -f md5global.h
./makemd5 md5global.h
Making all in sasldb
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include   -I/usr/local/include   
-Wall -W -g -O2 -c ../sasldb/db_ndbm.c
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:342: syntax error, found `__attribute__'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:342: illegal function definition, found `)'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:343: illegal external declaration, missing `;' 
after `,'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:344: illegal external declaration, missing `;' 
after `const'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:344: illegal external declaration, missing `;' 
after `size_t'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:349: illegal external declaration, found `if'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:350: illegal method selector, found `7'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:350: illegal method definition, missing `{' after `7'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:352: illegal external declaration, found `if'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:363: illegal external declaration, missing `;' 
after `unsigned'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:364: illegal method selector, found `3'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:364: illegal method definition, missing `{' after `3'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:366: syntax error, found `->'
../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:366: illegal function definition, found `)'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in 
basic mode

i get sam error like this on db_ndbm.c, db_ndbm.c, getnameinfo.c, 
cram.c, digestmd5.c, gssapi.c

and it stops then by

Making all in plugins
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib  
-module -export-dynamic -rpath /usr/lib/sasl2 -o libgssapiv2.la  
-version-info 2:4:0 gssapi.lo gssapiv2_init.lo plugin_common.lo 
-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err   getnameinfo.lo
rm -fr .libs/libgssapiv2.la .libs/libgssapiv2.* .libs/libgssapiv2.*
gcc -bundle -undefined error -o .libs/libgssapiv2.2.0.4.so  gssapi.lo 
gssapiv2_init.lo plugin_common.lo getnameinfo.lo  -L/usr/local/lib 
-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lc  -install_name  
/usr/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.2.so -compatibility_version 3 
-current_version 3.4
/usr/bin/ld: gssapi.lo illegal reference to symbol: 
_GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE defined in indirectly referenced dynamic 
library 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/GSS.framework/
Versions/A/GSS
make[2]: *** [libgssapiv2.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

it dose not work

please help me i areredy tryed to find enithing in google or on the 
mailng list for my problem but i did not  enithing

sorry for my bad english i hope you onderstand wot i mean

bye

SILVAN
and thanks for helping me

--Apple-Mail-1-682404246
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/enriched;
	charset=US-ASCII

Version <fontfamily><param>Lucida Grande</param>cyrus-sasl-2.1.4</fontfamily>

i installt the
<fontfamily><param>Lucida Grande</param>dlcompat-20010505

and then i made ./configure

creating cache ./config.cache

checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.5

checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c

checking whether build environment is sane... yes

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes

checking for working aclocal... missing

checking for working autoconf... found

checking for working automake... missing

checking for working autoheader... found

checking for working makeinfo... missing

checking for gcc... gcc

...........

..........

..........

updating cache ./config.cache

loading cache ./config.cache

checking to build static libsasl2.a... no

checking DB path to use... /etc/sasldb2

checking for db.h... yes

checking for db_create in -ldb-4.0... no

checking for db_create in -ldb4.0... no

checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no

checking for db_create in -ldb-3.3... no

checking for db_create in -ldb3.3... no

checking for db_create in -ldb-3.2... no

checking for db_create in -ldb3.2... no              <<<<<<----- is
that normel     (no dbs) or shut i installing somthing ???

checking for db_create in -ldb-3.1... no

checking for db_create in -ldb3.1... no

checking for db_create in -ldb-3... no

checking for db_create in -ldb3... no

checking for db_create in -ldb... no

checking for db_open in -ldb... no

checking for ndbm.h... yes

checking for dbm_open in -lndbm... no

checking for dbm_open... yes

checking DB library to use... ndbm

</fontfamily>..............

..............

..............

checking whether you have ss_family in struct sockaddr_storage...
(cached) yes

checking whether you have sa_len in struct sockaddr... (cached) yes

checking for socklen_t... (cached) no

updating cache .././config.cache

creating ./config.status

creating Makefile

creating saslauthd.h

Configuration Complete. Type 'make' to build.

root# make

make  all-recursive

Making all in include

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -I/usr/local/include   -Wall -W -g
-O2 -c makemd5.c

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib 
-o makemd5  makemd5.o  

mkdir .libs

gcc -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -o makemd5 makemd5.o

rm -f md5global.h

./makemd5 md5global.h

Making all in sasldb

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include   -I/usr/local/include  
-Wall -W -g -O2 -c ../sasldb/db_ndbm.c

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:342: syntax error, found `__attribute__'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:342: illegal function definition, found `)'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:343: illegal external declaration, missing `;'
after `,'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:344: illegal external declaration, missing `;'
after `const'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:344: illegal external declaration, missing `;'
after `size_t'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:349: illegal external declaration, found `if'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:350: illegal method selector, found `7'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:350: illegal method definition, missing `{' after
`7'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:352: illegal external declaration, found `if'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:363: illegal external declaration, missing `;'
after `unsigned'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:364: illegal method selector, found `3'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:364: illegal method definition, missing `{' after
`3'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:366: syntax error, found `->'

../sasldb/db_ndbm.c:366: illegal function definition, found `)'

cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode

i get sam error like this on db_ndbm.c, db_ndbm.c, getnameinfo.c,
cram.c, digestmd5.c, gssapi.c

and it stops then by

Making all in plugins

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -W -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib 
-module -export-dynamic -rpath /usr/lib/sasl2 -o libgssapiv2.la 
-version-info 2:4:0 gssapi.lo gssapiv2_init.lo plugin_common.lo
-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err   getnameinfo.lo  

rm -fr .libs/libgssapiv2.la .libs/libgssapiv2.* .libs/libgssapiv2.*

gcc -bundle -undefined error -o .libs/libgssapiv2.2.0.4.so  gssapi.lo
gssapiv2_init.lo plugin_common.lo getnameinfo.lo  -L/usr/local/lib
-lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lc  -install_name 
/usr/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.2.so -compatibility_version 3
-current_version 3.4

/usr/bin/ld: gssapi.lo illegal reference to symbol:
_GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE defined in indirectly referenced dynamic
library
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/GSS.framework/Versions/A/GSS

make[2]: *** [libgssapiv2.la] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

it dose not work

please help me i areredy tryed to find enithing in google or on the
mailng list for my problem but i did not  enithing

sorry for my bad english i hope you onderstand wot i mean

bye

SILVAN

and thanks for helping me 

--Apple-Mail-1-682404246--