Subject: Sasl problems

From: Dick Kniep <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 00:22:09 +0200

Hi List,

This is my first post on the sasl list, I am no guru on SASl, so please
be gentle.

We have installed a Kolab server (groupware with Sasl, postfix, cyrus
imap etc.) Install went smoothly, but we cannot log on. I have posted to
the kolab mailinglist, but got no answer whatsoever. So, next is my
original post to the kolab mailinglist. If anyone can help, please do
so.

Since the original occurrance of the error, I have tried to remove the
user 'dick' completely from the system, defining it again etc. All to no
avail.

++++ Original message to Kolab mailinglist ++++

We have a strange phenomenon where we cannot get access to the server. 

We have entered a userid in the management module. This works OK (or so
it seems) Next we try to login, but then we get a message that the
userid is not authorized. The password is correct. When we look in the
logs of SASL the following messages are shown:

--------------------------

Oct 02 18:58:15 LinServ01 <debug> saslauthd[962]: Entry not found or
more than one entries found ((|(uid=dick)(mail=dick)(alias=dick))).
Oct 02 18:58:15 LinServ01 <info> saslauthd[962]: do_auth         : auth
failure: [user=dick] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=ldap]

--------------------------

It says that there are more definitions of the user 'dick'. 
If that is the case how can we verify that?
If not what could be the problem than????

Please help

Kind regards,
D. Kniep