Subject: rfc2254bis/rfc2554bis

From: Rob Siemborski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:45:17 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to point members of this working group at the following two
documents which are intended as revisions to the SMTP/POP3 SASL profiles:

draft-siemborski-rfc1734bis-00.txt
draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-00.txt

The aims here are to clarify the specifications to result in fewer
interoperability problems.  The two big concerns that I am aware of being
how implementations deal with client-send-first and (in the case of SMTP)
servers rejecting the AUTH= parameter to MAIL FROM when the session is not
authenticated.

I will be updating these drafts to point at rfc2222bis in their first
revision.  I'd also like to hear any other comments.

-Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Rob Siemborski | Andrew Systems Group * Research Systems Programmer
PGP:0x5CE32FCC | Cyert Hall 207 * [email-masked] * 412.268.7456
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----
Version: 3.12
GCS/IT/CM/PA d- s+: a-- C++++$ ULS++++$ P+++$ L+++(++++) E W+ N o? K-
w O- M-- V-- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP+ t+@ 5+++ R@ tv-@ b+ DI+++ G e h r- y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----