Subject: Agenda items to discuss

From: [email-masked] (Sam Hartman)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:44:05 -0500 (EST)

There has been a lot of discussion on the list since the last IETF and
I'm curious which issues actually need meeting time.  I'd appreciate
it if people could suggest issues that still seem to be open.

Thing I think may be open or need discussion are:

* Initial server challenges especially as they interact with SMTP
* Security layer replacement in the base SASL spec
* Authorization ID text (data vs blob, confusion about restriction, etc)
* There was some discussion of multiple layers of encryption (TLS vs security layers) in XMPP; do we want
to develop guidance for protocol designers on this issue?

I think most of the other changes that have been brought forward have
been resolved; please correct me if I'm wrong.  I think Greg's
comments on implementing SASL have not suggested any specific changes
to documents that need discussion.

There's also been a lot of IDN related discussion in the Kerberos
working group.  So far, I don't think any of that discussion affects
saslprep.  If any of those issues do end up affecting saslprep, we may
at least want to be aware of them.  I'll review those discussion
within the next week.