Subject: Liberty SASL-based Authn over SOAP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:42:40 -0700

Of possible interest...

  Liberty ID-WSF Authentication Service Specification
  http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/liberty-idwsf-authn-svc-v1.0.pdf

    Abstract: This specification defines an ID-WSF Authentication
    Protocol based on a profile of the Simple Authentication and
    Security Layer (SASL) framework mapped onto ID-* SOAP-bound
    messages. Next, it defines an ID-WSF Authentication Service
    Identity Providers may offer, which is based on the
    authentication protocol. This authentication service enables Web
    Services Consumers and/or Liberty-enabled User Agents or Devices
    to authenticate with Identity Providers using various
    authentication mechanisms and obtain ID-WSF security tokens.
    Finally, it defines an ID-WSF Single Sign-On Service. This
    service provides authentication assertions to Web Service
    Consumers via a profile of the ID-FF Single Sign-On Protocol,
    enabling Web Service Consumers to interact with ID-FF-based
    Service Providers.

    [ID-WSF = "Identity Web Services Framework"
     ID-FF  = "Identity Federation Framework"]

Likely helpful...

  Liberty Glossary, Version 1.3
  http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/liberty-glossary-v1.3.pdf

Thanks to Alexey for his review in the process of writing this spec. Other 
specs that the ID-WSF Authn Svc spec depends upon, or is related to (e.g. 
ID-FF specs) are available at [1]. If folks have any questions about these 
specs, or Liberty, feel free to drop me a line.

thanks,

JeffH

[1] Liberty Alliance Project - Spec repository
    http://www.projectliberty.org/specs/