Subject: Beginner question: can we use SASL over HTTP?

From: nkb <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:21:22 +0900

Hi.
I'm new to this list. Pardon me if this question is ignorant.

I would like to access webpages (e.g. myhome.aspx) that require some 
form of authentication, s.a. the windows' NTLM authentication. I've 
written most of the application codes. I'm stuck at not being able to 
access pages that require authentication, specifically windows NTLM 
authentication. Before I spend too much time reading into SASL, I was 
wondering if this is the library that I could use to help me take care 
of this NTLM authentication to access webpages? Thank you for any pointers.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:22:13 +0100

> of this NTLM authentication to access webpages? Thank you for any 

The short answer is "no".
A longer answer is: there is a draft that describes how to use SASL over 
HTTP, however it is not implemented by any known browser.
If you have more questions on this, send me reply off the mailing list.

Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:22:13 +0100

Regards,
Alexey