Subject: Kitten (Common Authentication Technologies - Next Generation) at IETF 60

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:22:22 -0400

The Common Authentication Technologies Next Generation (Kitten) BOF will 
be meeting at IETF 60:

1530-1730 Afternoon Sessions II
Grande B    SEC   kitten    Kitten (Daughter of CAT) BOF 

The agenda of the meeting is as follows:
_
Kitten BOF Agenda for IETF 60_

 * Introduction and Welcome [5 minutes]  - Jeffrey Altman
 * Discussion of the Global Grid Forum GSS requirements [15 minutes] - 
Doug Engert
 * Discussion of channel bindings portability issues (C struct et all)  
[10 minutes] - Sam Hartman
 * Discussion of GSSAPI naming [15 minutes] - Sam Hartman
 * Discussion of need for cryptographic channel bindings and CCM  [10 
minutes] - Nicolas Williams
 * Discussion of Stackable Psuedo Mechanisms [10 minutes] - Nicolas Williams
 * Discussion of the SPNEGO issues [10 minutes] - Wyllys Ingersol
 * Discussion of the C# Bindings for GSSAPI [10 minutes] - Microsoft
 * Charter discussion [15 minutes] - Jeffrey Altman

An introduction to the purpose of the Kitten Working Group and a 
proposed charter
may be found at:

   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04aug/kitten.txt

We encourage anyone interested in the future of GSSAPI (applications 
which use GSSAPI
or mechanisms implementing GSSAPI); those concerned with authenticated 
name portability;
and those participating in the Cryptographic Channel Bindings work to 
attend this BOF
and participate in the discussions.  For the most part the Kitten 
participants have identified
problem areas; have presented some potential incomplete solutions; and 
there is much work
to be done.

I hope to see you there.

Jeffrey Altman