Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sasl-4422bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov, K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sasl-4422bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2008-8-31
	
The Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework
   for providing authentication and data security services in
   connection-oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  It
   provides a structured interface between protocols and mechanisms.
   The resulting framework allows new protocols to reuse existing
   mechanisms and allows old protocols to make use of new mechanisms.
   The framework also provides a protocol for securing subsequent
   protocol exchanges within a data security layer.

   This document describes how a SASL mechanism is structured, describes
   how protocols include support for SASL, and defines the protocol for
   carrying a data security layer over a connection.  In addition, this
   document defines one SASL mechanism, the EXTERNAL mechanism.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4422 [[when approved]].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-4422bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.