Subject: SCRAM as GSS-API mechanism

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:25:16 +0100

All,

I have posted (although manually, so it may take up to 2 days until is
announced) draft-newman-auth-scram-gs2-01.txt.  Meanwhile, it is
available from:

http://josefsson.org/sasl-gs2/draft-newman-auth-scram-gs2-01.txt

It does not take into account the recent GS2 re-design proposals, but
merely attempts to frame the document as a 'SCRAM as GSS-API mechanism',
and refers to GS2 on how the protocol looks in SASL.

The document is thus lagging behind the discussion in the WG, but it
does contain some useful new material and different from scram-gs2-00
that we believed it worthwhile posting.

The point of this document is to allow us to chose a design path with
the ability to refer to real documents.  So we have at least two
choices:

1) draft-newman-auth-scram-10.txt
   SCRAM as native SASL mechanism

2) draft-newman-auth-scram-gs2-01.txt

   SCRAM as native GSS-API mechanism.  The mapping to SASL is defined
   through GS2.

I'll try to catch up on the GS2 discussions next.  I am sorry if some of
the points made here are obsolete or irrelevant in the light of more
recent discussions, but hopefully there is at least some useful points.

/Simon