Subject: [sasl] SASL WG agenda and attendance

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:41:19 -0400

I currently plan to attend the Hiroshima meeting.  Polling of other
related working groups indicates that some of the usual participants
will not attend, and I have no agenda set for this session yet.  If
there is something that it would be helpful for us to discuss in
Hiroshima, please suggest agenda items soon: the deadline is tomorrow.

Is there anything left to discuss?  The IESG has approved SCRAM and
GS2 is in IETF Last Call.  I haven't seen very much movement on
SASLprep or 4422bis recently.  Is there anything else I've missed?

If you are planning to attend the SASL WG meeting in Hiroshima, please
respond.  We may cancel the SASL WG session if there is not enough
interest, and it would be best to know before Friday so that people
can minimize cancellation and penalty fees if they choose not to
attend IETF76.  Thanks.

-- 
Tom Yu
IETF SASL WG co-chair

---

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:27:53 -0400

You might have noticed that I have not uploaded a SASL agenda for
IETF76.  At this point, I am leaning toward cancelling the session for
lack of agenda items.  Please let me know before Monday if you have
objections.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:27 +0000

>lack of agenda items.  Please let me know before Monday if you have
I would like to suggest that we can use the SASL slot to discuss 
requirements on SASLPrep/StringPrep update/replacement. I understand 
that not all interested parties will be present, but it would be nice to 
get some progress on this before Anaheim.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:30:23 -0600

> get some progress on this before Anaheim.

Works for me. I know that some XMPP folks are interested both in
SASLprep and in general stringprep issues.

/psa