Subject: Re: [sasl] Clarification on the use of e= in SCRAM SASL/GS2

From: Paul Aurich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 14:34:16 -0700

On 2010-04-28 20:45, Paul Aurich wrote:
> I have no problem with the changes, but in looking at the ABNF value of the
> error, I'm confused by the meaning of the
> "server-does-support-channel-binding" error:
>                   "server-does-support-channel-binding" /
>                     ; server does not support channel binding
>                   "channel-binding-not-supported" /
> 
> In what case is this used, and are the text value/comment in conflict or is
> there something I'm missing?  (Should the comment come after the
> channel-binding-not-supported value, perhaps?)
> 
> Thanks,
> ~Paul

Since SCRAM is still in AUTH48, I thought I'd bring this up once more.

It's a simple case of "do comments bind to the thing above or below
them", but, considering that the two errors in question are "hey, I do
support channel binding" and "I don't support channel binding", clearing
this up would be great.

For reference, I think the comment is in the wrong place here (it should
appear *after* "channel-binding-not-supported") because the comment
comes after the error in question for these two:
                  "extensions-not-supported" /  ; unrecognized 'm' value
and
                  "invalid-username-encoding" /
                    ; invalid username encoding (invalid UTF-8 or
                    ; SASLprep failed)

Thanks,
~Paul