Subject: [sasl] WGLC on draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-00

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 00:31:17 -0600

This message officially starts the Kitten Working Group Last Call for
the following document:

     Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-00

The Working Group Last Call for this document starts today on Saturday,
August 7th and will end on Saturday, August 21st.

Please send any comments to the Kitten or SASL mailing list or directly to
the chairs. Reviews that found no issues are also welcome, so if you
review the document and find it acceptable, please let the mailing
list or chairs know as well.

Thank you,

Tom Yu and Shawn Emery, Kitten WG chairs
--

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:30:48 +0200

I have re-read the document and this version looks good to me.  Two
comments below.

1)

I believe the document should contain a pointer to SCRAM, RFC 5802.
Then readers will understand that they are supposed to be implementing
SCRAM instead of DIGEST-MD5.  I suggest adding at the end of section 1:

  The SCRAM mechanism [RFC 5802] has been developed to provide similar
  features as DIGEST-MD5 but with a better design.

2)

In section 1, I would add the following bullet under 8:

  C.  The DES cipher for the security layer is considered insecure
      due to its small key space.

/Simon

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:16:15 +0100

>      due to its small key space.
I am happy to add these. Tim Polk also suggested 1) to me verbally.