Subject: [savi] Discussion Summary: SAVI's Basic Solution Approach

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:41:26 +0200

Folks,

thanks for a good discussion about the basic solution approach that SAVI
should take.  I think we reached more than just "rough" consensus on
that we should follow two parallel tracks:  a non-cryptographic base
SAVI protocol, which will rely on nothing more but ARP/ND/DHCP, and a
cryptographic SAVI extension, which will take advantage of SeND in
networks where this is deployed.  We also reinforced that the charter
requirements are not debatable -- i.e., no host changes, no special
protocols.  Finally, we agreed with our area director that SAVI should
complement, but not substitute, ingress filtering.

Time to move on to more specific questions then.  I will identify two of
those in separate emails.

- Christian, for Bill and Christian

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:40:09 +0100

makes sense to me
thanks, marcelo

Christian Vogt escribió:
> _______________________________________________
> savi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi
>