Subject: [savi] SAVI Meeting Agenda for IETF 74

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:03:38 -0700

Dear SAVI Folks,

below the agenda for our upcoming meeting in San Francisco.

I have reserved a slot for discussing the SAVI binding distribution
protocol, which multiple SAVI devices on a link may need to synchronize
their bindings.  We will have to make a decision on whether we need a
binding distribution protocol and, if so, what its properties should be.
As a lead-in to this discussion, we will have a presentation of some
analytical results exploring the problem and solution space.

If time permits, we will also have one or a few presentations on
potential future work for SAVI, i.e., work going beyond the current
charter.  If people have more suggestions for such presentations, please
speak up.  Note, though, that the time for future-work presentations
will be limited.  Other agenda items, in particular the discussion on
the binding distribution protocol, will take precedence.

- Christian

-----------------------------------------------------------
Agenda of the SAVI working group meeting at IETF 74
Monday, March 23, 15:20 - 17:20, room Continental 4
-----------------------------------------------------------

Introduction and agenda bashing                       15:20
Bill Fenner and Christian Vogt

Summary of recent design decisions                    15:30
Christian Vogt

Do we need a Binding Distribution Protocol?           16:00
Jun Bi, Marcelo Bagnulo

Discussion                                            16:15
All

SAVI Progress Report in CERNET2                       16:45
Jun Bi

Future-work presentations, if time permits:

CGA Extension Header of IPv6                          17:10
Zhang Dong (draft-dong-savi-cga-header)

                                                end at 17:20

---

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:56:12 +0200

Hi,

The main presentation of Source Address Validation with Host Identity
Protocol will be at HIPRG (1300 on Monday)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kuptsov-sava-hip-01.txt
It would be nice, though, to make a short 5-min announcement on it at
SAVI WG as well.

Talking about the flow binding protocol, isn't HIP registration protocol
(perhaps with SIMA flows binding extensions) is one available option to go?

Andrei

Christian Vogt wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> savi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi