Subject: [savi] Consensus call on separate documents for DHCP and SLAAC

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 13:04:01 -0700

Dear all -

The SAVI working group has so far taken the approach to specify the
validation of DHCP-assigned IP source addresses and SLAAC-assigned IP
source addresses in a single document.  However, arguments have been
made, and were discussed at the SAVI meeting in Stockholm, that a better
approach would be to specify the two types of validation in separate
documents, and to produce a framework document that describes the
relationship between, and common principles of, the various IP address
validation types.  The bottom-line of these arguments is that the
separation would be

(a) justifiable and recommendable due to enough differences between the
     validation of DHCP-assigned and SLAAC-assigned IP source addresses,

(b) in line with the working group's approach to also use separate
     documents for the validation of SEND-assigned IP source addresses,
     and IP source address validation in broadband access networks.

This is a consensus call on whether the SAVI working group should change
its approach towards producing separate documents for the validation of
DHCP-assigned IP source addresses and SLAAC-assigned IP source
addresses, plus a framework document.  Please answer either "yes" or
"no" to the following question:

   Should the SAVI working group produce separate documents for DHCP-
   assigned IP source addresses and SLAAC-assigned IP source addresses,
   plus a framework document that describes the relationship between,  
and
   common principles of, the various IP address validation types?

Please respond by Sunday, September 13, 2009.

- Christian

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:15:13 +0800

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Christian Vogt" <[email-masked]>
To: "SAVI Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 4:04 AM
Subject: [savi] Consensus call on separate documents for DHCP and SLAAC

>   common principles of, the various IP address validation types?

Dear WG members,

I believe that's the consensus we agreed during IETF75. 
My answer is "yes".

Best Regards,
Jun Bi

> _______________________________________________
> savi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi
> 
>

---

From: Eric Levy-Abegnoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:07:38 +0200

Christian Vogt a écrit :
>   plus a framework document that describes the relationship between, and
yes
Eric

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:59:19 +0200

>   common principles of, the various IP address validation types?
yes
regards, marcelo

---

From: Jianping Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:03:34 +0800

> Please respond by Sunday, September 13, 2009.

Yes. I agree.

Jianping WU

---

From: Lin Tao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:51:17 +0800

Dear workgroup members,

I have the same idea as below. I think it's clear to describe the source assigned
process. My answer is "YES".

I have worked in TCP/IP area for twelve years, and worked in IPv6 area for six
years. I'm very interesting about it. I like the TAO of IETF. And I have discuss
some problem in IETF'S maillist(include SAVI) for one year.

So I want to work together with the intelligent people of IETF. Could you let me
take part in the writting of this draft? Thank you very much.

Best Regards, 

LinTao

---

From: "rengang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:58:38 +0800

Christian Vogt wrote:

> made, and were discussed at the SAVI meeting in Stockholm, that a 
> better approach would be to specify the two types of validation in 
> separate documents, and to produce a framework document that describes 
> the relationship between, and common principles of, the various IP 
> address validation types.  The bottom-line of these arguments is that 
> the separation would be
>
> This is a consensus call on whether the SAVI working group should 
> change its approach towards producing separate documents for the 
> source addresses, plus a framework document.  Please answer either 
> "yes" or "no" to the following question:
>

I agree.

                  Ren Gang

---

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:42:10 -0500

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Christian Vogt" <[email-masked]>
To: "SAVI Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 3:04 PM
Subject: [savi] Consensus call on separate documents for DHCP and SLAAC

>   common principles of, the various IP address validation types?
Frank=>Yes.

---

From: "rengang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:54:06 +0800

I agree.

                  Ren Gang

---

From: Dong Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:06:17 +0800

Hi,

>   common principles of, the various IP address validation types?
Yes.

>Please respond by Sunday, September 13, 2009.

------------------				 
Dong Zhang
2009-09-14

---

From: "Guang Yao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:41:01 +0800

>    common principles of, the various IP address validation types?

[Guang Yao] 
Yes