Subject: [savi] Add an IPv4 section into the SLAAC doc?

From: "Guang Yao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:01:48 +0900

Folks,

This is a comment not made yesterday.

Manually configured IPv4 address is not handled in any document currently.
Manual configuration on SAVI device actually wouldn't handle the whole
scenario, because it will only handle static configuration; however, IPv4
address may be configured freely in an allowed prefix scope, and there may
be movement.

As mention in the slides of Christian, this scenario is similar as stateless
scenario. I suggest to add an IPv4 section into the SLAAC doc. Actually we
have posted a proposal in the mailing list; unfortunately, without response.

And

Marcelo,

I really think it is improper to name current SLAAC doc as FCFS. FCFS is a
universal concept for SAVI. FCFS concept works not only in SLAAC scenario,
but also other scenarios, including DHCP, mixed, even manual configuration.
I mean, the one assigned an address first, always has the right to use the
address in the lifetime. No address assignment mechanism can(or should)
break this restrict, for there is no address recycle procedure that can be
triggered other than timeout.

I think the FCFS concept should be expatiated in the framework doc. And the
SLAAC doc should be named "SLAAC".

Best regards,

Guang