Subject: [savi] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-levy-abegnoli-savi-plbt-02]

From: Eric Levy-Abegnoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:55:02 +0100

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-levy-abegnoli-savi-plbt-02
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:48:18 -0800 (PST)

A new version of I-D, draft-levy-abegnoli-savi-plbt-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Eric Levy-Abegnoli and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-levy-abegnoli-savi-plbt
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Preference Level based Binding Table
Creation_date:	 2010-03-08
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
Different documents [savi-fcfs] [savi-dhcp] [savi-send] propose
different preference schemes to resolve binding entry collisions
(same L3 address, different binding anchors) based of the address-
assignment method that they cover.  For instance [fcfs] keeps the
first entry and rejects others.  However, in heterogeneous
deployments, all address-assignment methods co-exist, and there is a
need for defining an algorithm that compare colliding entries across
these different methods (and any other method not covered) to pick up
a preferred one.  This document describes one such algorithum.

The IETF Secretariat.