Subject: [savi] A scenario must be included in SLAAC document

From: "Guang Yao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:28:27 +0800

Whenever a host or the SAVI device sends a NSOL message, it may receive a
NSOL whose target address is the same address, sent by another node.

Described in RFC4862, section 5.4.3

"

   -  If the actual number of Neighbor Solicitations received exceeds

      the number expected based on the loopback semantics (e.g., the

      interface does not loop back the packet, yet one or more

      solicitations was received), the tentative address is a duplicate.

      This condition occurs when two nodes run Duplicate Address

      Detection simultaneously and transmit solicitations at roughly the

      same time.

"

The SAVI device should delete both binding entry, though no NADV is
received.

It also requires some modification on the state machine.

Best regards,

Guang