Subject: [savi] Working group last call on draft-ietf-savi-fcfs

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:21:19 -0500

SAVI folks,

this is a working group last call for comments on the SAVI specification for SLAAC:

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-fcfs/

As discussed during our working group meeting yesterday, we believe that the document is now mature enough to take this next step.  Please read the document carefully, and comment on it on this mailing list by Friday, November 26, 2010.

- Jean-Michel and Christian

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:48:29 +0800

Hi,

My comments were expressed during WG meeting.

1 IPv4 is missing
The current charter requires solutions for IPv4.
Based on the minutes, Marcelo hopes IPv4 to be handle in a separate 
document.
I agree with this, so I think it should be mentioned somewhere in the draft.

2 How to handle inactive nodes
(if the CPU is busy or the OS is in the inactive mode, then another node may 
occupy the binding entry of
this inactive node because the inactive node won't reply a NA. Then if the 
host go back to active, then its packet
will dropped and it doesn't know how to recover).
I do think this issue can not be ignored. I proposed to have sth like 
"binding clear delay timer" and savi device
act as a DAD-proxy during the period to help holding the binding for a short 
period. It seems that Marcleo has different opinion.
Anyway, if we think this is really difficult to be handled, please also 
metion it somewhere in the draft, so that users know this potential problem,
then when he meet this problem, he can plug out and plug in his cable again 
(or an action like repaire the connection) to recover
to get a new binding entry for his traffic.

Best Regards,
Jun Bi

-----原始邮件----- 
From: Christian Vogt
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:21 AM
To: SAVI Mailing List
Cc: [email-masked] ; Combes
Subject: [savi] Working group last call on draft-ietf-savi-fcfs

SAVI folks,

this is a working group last call for comments on the SAVI specification for 
SLAAC:

As discussed during our working group meeting yesterday, we believe that the 
document is now mature enough to take this next step.  Please read the 
document carefully, and comment on it on this mailing list by Friday, 
November 26, 2010.

_______________________________________________
savi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi