Subject: [savi] [SAVI]possible future works

From: "xuke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:17:34 +0800

Dear SAVI WG members

There is no doubt, SAVI has made significant contribution for IP source address validation and anti-spoofing in the scenario of pure IPv6 Ethernet access subnet. However, there are many efforts need SAVI workgroup to make and there are many works to be done for SAVI prompting, there are some possible future works I suggest:
(1)	Considering there would be a long period to transit IPv4 to IPv6, workgroup should study SAVI how to work in the scenarios of 4 over 6,
light-weighted 4 over 6 and NAT4-4-4 etc.
(2)	Applying SAVI technology into non-Ethernet access subnet circumstance. In the matter of fact, many netizens still use PPoE, ADSL and
ISDN technology to access Internet. It means a lot to telecommunication carriers for applying SAVI into those scenarios.
(3)	Even though SAVI has a preliminary application in WiFi scenario, its application in mobile communication(3G,LTE etc.) scenario still need to
be exploited.

xuke

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:01:39 +0800

I agree that those are potential topics of SAVI WG.

Regarding to the SAVI for IPv4/IPv6 co-existence and transition, I also 
think we need to study source address validation for those "traditional" 
IPv6 transition methods, such as ISATAP, etc. In CERNET2 operation, we had 
found that some users access IPv6 by ISATAP, but for some reasons, they 
didn't use the IPv6 source address of that tunnel, but use the IPv6 source 
address of another LAN interface of the same PC.

Another potentail area is to study SAVI beyond the local link, for example, 
to ehance uRPF loose mode by reduceing the false negative.

thanks,
Jun Bi

-----原始邮件----- 
From: xuke
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:17 PM
To: SAVI Mailing List
Subject: [savi] [SAVI]possible future works

Dear SAVI WG members

There is no doubt, SAVI has made significant contribution for IP source 
address validation and anti-spoofing in the scenario of pure IPv6 Ethernet 
access subnet. However, there are many efforts need SAVI workgroup to make 
and there are many works to be done for SAVI prompting, there are some 
possible future works I suggest:
(1) Considering there would be a long period to transit IPv4 to IPv6, 
workgroup should study SAVI how to work in the scenarios of 4 over 6,
light-weighted 4 over 6 and NAT4-4-4 etc.
(2) Applying SAVI technology into non-Ethernet access subnet circumstance. 
In the matter of fact, many netizens still use PPoE, ADSL and
ISDN technology to access Internet. It means a lot to telecommunication 
carriers for applying SAVI into those scenarios.
(3) Even though SAVI has a preliminary application in WiFi scenario, its 
application in mobile communication(3G,LTE etc.) scenario still need to
be exploited.

xuke

_______________________________________________
savi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi