Subject: [savi] Which vendors have coded and which operators have deployed?

From: Barry Raveendran Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 05:02:29 -0400

Hi Team,

Is there a list of which vendors have coded SAVI? Ericsson, Nokia/ALU, Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, ZTE, etc? 

Also, if it is coded by a vendor, do we have any large scale deployment examples?

Thanks,

Barry

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 11:20:03 +0200 (CEST)

> Also, if it is coded by a vendor, do we have any large scale deployment examples?

https://secureenduserconnection.se/
https://secureenduserconnection.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SEC-Secure-End-user-Connection-2015-08-26.pdf

Not calling it SAVI, but this is what it is basically.

There used to be a lot of products on their list that were "certified", 
but now it's a lot less. I'll ask them why.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Bingyang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 08:13:13 +0800

I'm also interested in it. Wondering how many have coded and how many have
deployed.

We've just coded SAVI-FCFS, SAVI-DHCP and SAVI-DHCPv6 and the mix of them
in SDN, or OpenFlow controller specifically.

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> savi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/savi
>

-- 
Bingyang Liu, Ph.D.
Network Architecture Lab, Network Research Center,Tsinghua University,
Beijing, China
Home Page: http://netarchlab.tsinghua.edu.cn/~liuby

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 04:07:54 +0200 (CEST)

> in SDN, or OpenFlow controller specifically.

http://ssnf.org/nat-i-varldsklass/ska/ska-certifierade-produkter/

It's in Swedish, but you'll find products that have passed the (now fairly 
old) test. Quite a few of the documents saying how to configure things are 
in english.

---

From: Bingyang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 11:26:43 +0800

Hi

What are these tests about? I couldn't find anything related with SAVI on
the webpage, maybe because I cannot read Swedish.

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 12:30:15 +0800

As I know, Huawei, ZTE, H3C, Ruijie, digital china, etc implement SAVI, and Cisco, Juniper had the functions IP source guard.

It is good to know the product in Sweden, thanks for the information.

Best Regards,

Jun Bi
 
From: Mikael Abrahamsson
Date: 2016-05-07 17:20
To: Barry Raveendran Greene
CC: savi
Subject: Re: [savi] Which vendors have coded and which operators have deployed?

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 06:44:01 +0200 (CEST)

> the webpage, maybe because I cannot read Swedish.

These are devices that were tested against 
https://secureenduserconnection.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SEC-Secure-End-user-Connection-2015-08-26.pdf 
or earlier revisions of it.

If you click on the vendor names in the earlier link, in some of them 
you'll find documents (in english) which lists what was tested and how to 
configure it.

---

From: Bingyang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 13:01:57 +0800

>From the document I saw SAVI DHCPv6. Cool, thanks!

Are there any information about deployment?

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 07:57:10 +0200 (CEST)

> Are there any information about deployment?

The site is run by the swedish association for "neutral last mile access 
networks". There are 155 member organisations who run these kinds of 
networks.

So the certification is to help the members choose good equipment vendors 
for their deployments.

I don't know who has chosen what vendor, but that's the background to the 
certification anyway. All vendors who have certified their products have 
done so in hope to be able to deliver equipment to these organisations.

---

From: Bingyang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:52:03 +0800

Thank you for your information!
I don't know whether the SAVI function is enabled or disabled by default.
Deploying the devices does not meaning operating the functionalities
anyway. I'm interested in how SAVI is really operated in practice.

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 13:04:44 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't know whether the SAVI function is enabled or disabled by default.

I don't know of any device that has SAVI-like functionality enabled out of 
the box. On all the ones I have encountered, you have to actually 
configure things in order to get SAVI(-like) functionality.

I'm using SAVI-like because these kinds of functions (first-hop 
security/antispoofing) was around long before this WG was even formed.

> anyway. I'm interested in how SAVI is really operated in practice.

Since there are many different deployment models for last mile access, 
there are a lot of different ways of achieving security.

Do you want to talk to an operator who is actually using the SAVI-like 
functionality in their devices? Or are you looking for white papers on how 
the vendors recommend they're used?