Subject: [scap_interest] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:23:32 -0400

Of possible interest to this list.

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: The Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format 
(XCCDF) Version 1.1.4
	Author(s)	: D. Waltermire
	Filename	: draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt
	Pages		: 70
	Date		: 2010-10-18
	
This document specifies the data model and Extensible Markup
    Language (XML) representation for the Extensible Configuration
    Checklist Description Format (XCCDF) Version 1.1.4. An XCCDF
    document is a structured collection of security configuration rules
    for some set of target systems. The XCCDF specification is designed
    to support information interchange, document generation,
    organizational and situational tailoring, automated compliance
    testing, and compliance scoring. The specification also defines a
    data model and format for storing results of security guidance or
    checklist compliance testing. The intent of XCCDF is to provide a
    uniform foundation for expression of security checklists and other
    configuration guidance, and thereby foster more widespread
    application of good security practices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-waltermire-scap-xccdf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.